Stem Cells Returned Today and a New Birthday has Emerged. (So they tell me)


High Dose Chemo (Malphenlen) was administered on Tuesday.  My previous experience with this resulted in extreme nausea and vomiting non-stop for several hours. That was also the time my heart stopped for just a jiffy due my "Vasovagal syncope" That little episode resulted in a temporary pacemaker being installed and getting crazy infected within 5 days.
This time I had nausea but they pulled out the big guns and were able to keep in under control thus far, Tuesday I arrived at the hospital, Day Two was chemo, day three day of rest battling the constant nausea. They 3 today...still nauseated but hanging in there. I was able receive my own stem cells back this afternoon It all went well without any hitches.

It is a funny thing when you get your stem cells back, there is a big celebration. Half the staff squeezes in your room to sing Happy Birthday to you! I was presented with a card signed by the staff also. Christine and her hubby were visiting at that particular moment. It was sweet but awkward.
My new extra birthday is September 21st.
Christine brought a large green heart with C.V. with staff signatures all over it complete with a Basset Hound and glitter!  I loved it ! It really jazzes up the hospital room. Bambie, your basset hound was adorable!
Thank you Christine, for taking the time to visit me and give me the Cid update.
Thank you to  Canyon View for the Sunshine gift card to Barnes & Nobel. 

Just for fun I had Dale take a picture of me standing by the picture of the lady on the elevator, We had the same outfits on and I thought it was hilarious! Her outfit  is actually black also.

Should lose my  hair in a few days....Oh joy!

It's not so bad though....It's kind of empowering not to worry about hair for a few months.

Miracles of Miracle they released be from the hospital today! I am now officially neutropenic .I must avoid crowds, sickness, salad bars, dirt, soil. plants, strange animals and anything that could possibly make me sick.
Let the games begin! I'm finally in recovery mode!

Comments

  1. Yippie! Recovery mode! Happy 2nd birthday my friend! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up the other night convinced I was going to throw up. It passed but it's a horrible feeling. Can't imagine it going on all day. Continue being strong Pam. You're strength is inspiring. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us posted Pam! Even when you feel like crud! Hang in there sweetie! We are all sending lots of love and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stem Cell Collection and Liver Issues

We are Finally Coming Home on Friday!

Being Home is the Best!