Being Home is the Best!

There's nothing like being away from home for over 3 months living in a studio apartment in the heart of Seattle to help us appreciate how wonderful it is to be home!

It has been so good to sleep in our own bed and cook in our own kitchen and move about from room to room and go upstairs and downstairs and have 2 bathrooms! We're living the dream here you know!  I don't believe we realized that concept before.

We don't have to go back to Seattle for one year. We'll go back to visit Eric's family but NOT for medical reasons.

At this point I just have to visit the oncologist and get blood drawn once a week for 5 weeks and then every other week for another month or so and then periodically after that.

I need to try to avoid crowds and sick people of course. I think most people would like to do the same though. I also have restrictions on plants (can't touch them) and can't work in the yard for one year. No leaf raking or weed pulling or anything of the sort. I have some food restrictions such as no deli meats or salads. No salad or food bars where the public has access. No samples in stores. No potluck dinners or reception food. I should have little to no red meat and no processed foods. No sausage, bacon, hotdogs or ham. No raw honey. No blue cheese dressing.  I can eat out but no sandwiches or salads that are cold. I can order soups and hot food and just need to be careful. My food restrictions end December 21st, so they tell me. I'll still be very careful.

Other than that I spend my days reading, journal writing, cleaning, running errands, organizing, resting, playing with my grandchildren, cooking, talking to family on the phone and through texting and messaging...sometimes walking...I need to more regular walking...my strength is slowly returning and I am excited to get back to teaching next fall!

It's a different life right now but I'm trying to embrace it. I think this is what retirement will be like and when THAT is official I'm going to love it!

In the meantime I will enjoy this time of recuperation and time off but still look forward to getting back to life as I know it!  I especially look forward to getting some hair back on my head. Being bald is so cold!!!

Thank you family and friends for the continued support! I appreciate it more than I can possibly express!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stem Cell Collection and Liver Issues

We are Finally Coming Home on Friday!